It is a fairly common practice among astrophotographers (and especially newbies like me) to go back to old sets of subs and re-integrate the data for practice running through the different steps of post-processing workflow. Most of the time this is to try applying new skills or a shift in technique, but sometimes it’s just because the weather isn’t cooperating to allow new imaging to take place. I did realize this past week that I was leaving a step out of my PI workflow that may or may not make a difference in the linear FIT file I was working with from BatchPreProcessing to final image. That step was the Cosmetic Correction application to the integration step. This is intended to account for hot and cold pixels in the camera subs and remove them while stacking. I don’t believe this really helped me here because my camera is fairly new and the subs are literally the very first subs I ever captured of a deep space object. Nonetheless, I reworked this M81 and M82 data again. If you compare it to the original attempt I made back in May, this is an improvement in my opinion. I think the real answer for making it better is to go re-shoot this target and improve the RAWs with which I’m working.